Website Action Planning

Home Forums Website Website Action Planning

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Janet PRODN Admin 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

I found these notes from Marsha in an email from 1/22/2016. Unfortunately, as 2/3/2016, Many of these questions are still open. I have added some thoughts in UPPERCASE TYPE

To Dos For the Web Pack…Admin – How many admin/Superadmin do we want to have?
    FOR NOW, JANET AND MICHAEL ARE ADMINS. I THINK WE NEED TO UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT WHAT WE NEED TO DO THAT REQUIRES ADMIN PERMISSION. FOR EXAMPLE, I THINK ADMIN RIGHTS ARE NEEDED TO CHANGE THE CONTENT ON THE FRONT PAGE.

Forum/Group – Janet and Michael will figure out…want to use it for steering committee…How do we launch when do we launch?
    LET’S FIRST CONSIDER OUR LAUNCH TO LARGER STEERING COMMITTEE BEFORE WE LAUNCH TO PRODN MEMBERS OR A WIDER OD COMMUNITY. WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO BEFORE THEN? AS INTUITIVE AS THE SITE IS, WE MAY NEED TO CREATE A SHORT HOW DOCUMENT FOR COMMON TASKS, FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN TO USE THEIR GROUP (COMMENTS AND DOC POSTING) AND WHEN TO USE THE FORUM (FOR DISCUSSION THREADS), PRIVATE MESSAGES AND PUBLIC COMMENTS.

For PRODN Web Pack – Go through Chul’s notes for next PRODN steering committee meeting and actually change front end of site.
    CAN WE MAKE THIS AN ASSIGNMENT WITH A TASK OWNER AND A DUE DATE? AS A FIRST STEP WHY DON’T WE JUST DECIDE WHAT SHOULD BE REMOVED OR CHANGED FROM THE CURRENT CONTENT BEFORE LAUNCH TO THE LARGER STEERING COMMITTEE. FOR EXAMPLE, I WOULD LIKE TO REMOVE PHUONG’S NAME FROM THE FRONT PAGE.

We should populate the site with current PRODN membership and allow them to opt out. Marsha can make an export from our current site with email addresses of members. We will need to do a communication to membership with instructions to sign in etc.
    CAN WE MAKE THESE ASSIGNMENTS WITH TASK OWNERS AND DUE DATES? WHY DON’T WE START WITH DRAFTING AN EMAIL TO THE LARGER STEERING COMMITTEE INVITING THEM TO CHECK OUT THE NEW WEBSITE AND THEIR GROUP. IF MARSHA EXPORTS A LIST OF EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR CURRENT STEETING COMMITTEE, CAN SOMEONE ELSE DRAFT A SIMPLE EMAIL WITH SIGN IN INSTRUCTIONS?

For PRODN Web Pack – Moderation – Will we leave open and only invite certain in or will we moderate and allow anyone to come in.

FOR NOW, WE HAVE NO MODERATION, ANYTHING THAT IS NOT POSTED AS PRIVATE MESSAGE CAN VIEWED BY OTHERS. AS WE CREATE MORE CONTENT AND OPEN UP THE SITE TO OTHERS WE MAY NEED TO RECONSIDER THIS.

Will we make this a member benefit…(Note we may want to wait to see how people are members if we have no dues)
    I COULD SEE A FORUM TOPIC CALLED WHAT ARE PRODN MEMBER BENEFITS?

Suggestion>>> We may want to type notes as we go next week into the chat in ZOOM and then save the chat as our “notes”
    IT IS HARD TO TAKE NOTES WHILE WE ARE HAVING A DISCUSSION. BUT I AGREE WE NEED TO JOT DOWN NOTES AND MOVE FORWARD WITH ACTION ITEMS. PLEASE ADD YOUR THOUGHTS.

Thanks,
    Janet
    PRODN Admin

Lonnie Weiss

OMG Janet and Marsha, this is GREAT!!! We can work with this as a semi-agenda on Friday 2/5. Lonnie

Lonnie Weiss

OMG Janet and Marsha, this is GREAT!!! We can work with this as a semi-agenda on Friday 2/5. Lonnie

Hi!

I’m finally on here!  My energies were being pulled in several directions.  I have good news.  I renewed the prodn.org website while we were on tonights zoom.  You can go to prodn.org to see the content that we currently have up.  The domain is renewed for 2 years!  Whew!  Once you see what we currently have we can edit that content.

Also, I think we should have 3 superadmins.  We are volunteers and not paid so I think for now the 3 superadmins should be Me (Exec Committee Representation) I think there should always be one and Chul and Janet.  I can be back up.  Was this already answered?

Anyway…that’s my news for now!

Thanks for a great zoom tonight Chul and Janet with Lonnie as facilitator…I’m proud to be part of this pak!

Great news Marsha! We can check out the current website and see what if any content should be added.

Thanks,
    Janet
    PRODN Admin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar