New Website: "How-To-Use" Basics

Home Forums Website New Website: "How-To-Use" Basics

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ODScientist 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

ODScientist
    Keymaster

Welcome to the new 2016 PRODN website. We’re currently in beta mode. Although the technical aspects of the website work pretty well now, we’re experimenting with navigation naming and what features to hide or show. Please give us feedback as you find an issue or have a suggestion. A few points:

1. Anyone can become a member for free.
    2. For now, there are three groups: Finance, Steering and Website. More groups may be added in the future.
    3. The suggested use for Groups is for sharing information (links, images, videos, documents.) It works as a running content stream of posts and comments – similar to Facebook Newsfeed.
    4. For now, Forum has one “general” forum. You may post any topic you want and people can reply and comment.
    5. The suggested use for the Forum is to post a relevant topic or issue that could be useful to the group at large for a longer period of time. If it’s something such as directions to the next meeting, that is better to post in a group or a private message.

We look forward to witnessing your useful engagement of the new site!
    Michael Nelson Rizzo (and team)

I like how succinct the welcome message is. We might be able to incorporate parts of it into the email invite to the Steering Committee or use some items for FAQs.
    Thanks,
    Janet

Thanks,
    Janet
    PRODN Admin

ODScientist
    Keymaster

Cool. Use whatever you like. 🙂

Lonnie Weiss

Hi Michael & all,
    Thanks for all this progress! So much better!
    I do have a bit of feedback on the site as of Thursday 2/4 at 11:45 am.

Regarding the use of the Forum, saying it’s for items that are ‘useful to the group at large for a longer period of time’ is a little confusing/unclear to me. Does this mean the Forum is for ongoing and general topics not focused primarily on the work of specific Groups? Maybe it is clear…

I have some more feedback on the appearance and visibility of things on the site. Remember, my eyes are going on 65 (and were never all that good…!) This grey text is quite light, I’d like it several shades closer to black. And the tiny little circles with numbers telling me I have notifications or messages or invitations — useless, not legible for me.

Finally, there’s more technical functionality here in the Forum than I think we need. Post, close, trash, reply -= yes. The other options, I don’t know and wonder what others think. And I’m still lost on the BBCodes. Would we use this stuff? will it make my life better? cause without knowing why I should learn it, it just makes me feel stupid!

I’m interested in finding out if anyone sees this before our Friday morning meeting, and seeing your thoughts.
    Lonnie

ODScientist
      Keymaster

Hi Michael & all, Thanks for all this progress! So much better! I do have a bit of feedback on the site as of Thursday 2/4 at 11:45 am. Regarding the use of the Forum, saying it’s for items that are ‘useful to the group at large for a longer period of time’ is a little confusing/unclear to me. Does this mean the Forum is for ongoing and general topics not focused primarily on the work of specific Groups? Maybe it is clear… I have some more feedback on the appearance and visibility of things on the site. Remember, my eyes are going on 65 (and were never all that good…!) This grey text is quite light, I’d like it several shades closer to black. And the tiny little circles with numbers telling me I have notifications or messages or invitations — useless, not legible for me. Finally, there’s more technical functionality here in the Forum than I think we need. Post, close, trash, reply -= yes. The other options, I don’t know and wonder what others think. And I’m still lost on the BBCodes. Would we use this stuff? will it make my life better? cause without knowing why I should learn it, it just makes me feel stupid! I’m interested in finding out if anyone sees this before our Friday morning meeting, and seeing your thoughts. Lonnie

Lonnie. I trust most of these points are now solved. BBCodes gone, more Forums setup. 🙂 And with the User Roles now setup, Janet is now authorized to update the frontend pages. And we also made many of the font areas larger to read. Hope it helps!

ODScientist
    Keymaster

Nothing is in stone. We can make the forum have more forums. That’s for you all to help decide. We can also make forums per each group. Many options.

I’ve asked my guy to change the font to 1-2 points larger AND be black.

Yep, this was on my list. Removing the “You can use BBCodes to format your content” and “Your account has the ability to post unrestricted HTML content.” You are not stupid. BBCodes are just some HTML formatting snippets that help people style their text. No big deal. It’l be gone.

C ya in the morn. 🙂

Adding to this thread – yes, Lonnie, I now see your message! Curious tho why I did not get an email notification about it when you sent it. I DID get an email notification when Michael responded.

Also, I tried inviting Jaci to the Wedsite group via email and got an error that she is already a registered member. But I don’t see her in the member list. I can tell her tomorrow to add a profile and picture but is there a way for me to do this through the website? Is there another way to find potentially hidden members?

Thanks,
    Janet
    PRODN Admin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar